Showing all 6 results
Basic Solar Energy Trainer
The Solar Energy Trainer introduces the fundamentals of a solar cell (photovoltaic Cell) and conversion of the suns photons into electrical energy. This can be monitored with a built in voltmeter and ammeter to measure the voltage and current produced. The Trainer allows the study of the characteristics and application of solar energy and the charge of batteries using solar energy.
- Calculation of voltage and current of solar cells
- Calculation of voltage and current of solar cells in parallel
- Study of V – I curve and power curve of solar cells to find the maximum power point (MPP) and efficiency of a solar cell
- Calculation of solar cell efficiency
- Application of solar cells in domestic use to charge a battery operated lamp, fan and radio
- Small and compact solar panel trainer
- Introduction into solar technology
Bio Energy Trainer
The bio energy trainer is used to show the functions of renewable fuel cell technology by using Isopropyl alcohol as the biofuel and bio energy derived from biofuels such as bioethanol, biodiesel, etc. The energy generated using the BIET can be used to run applications built into the unit such as the buzzer and fan.
- Easy Illustration of energy generation using bio energy
- Complete set up with fuel cell and applications on one board
- Provided with bio fuel
Educational Wind Turbine
The unit is for a study of wind turbine characteristics. The turbine consists of axial flow fan with speed control and flare entrance, a wind turbine, DC generator with resistance load, dynamometer, and measuring instruments. The turbine and blade angle can be adjusted using a special device. The unit can also be used for testing different blade design by students.TYPICAL EXPERIMENTS
- Calculation of wind power.
- Turbine output VS wind speed.
- Turbine efficiency.
- Effect of blade angle.
- Effect of number of blades.
Fan – Diameter 500 mm inside diameter – Maximum wind speed 20 mps. Wind speed control Inverter. Turbine casing Steel, 500 mm inside diameter x 500 mm long. Wind turbine wheel 1 ea. with spare blades. Turbine blade angle setting device 1 ea. Generator 24VDC, 120 W. Electrical load Resistive loads. Dynamometer Mechanical Turbine output – Maximum speed 4400 rpm. – Maximum mechanical power 130 W. Measuring instruments – Wind speed Pitot tube – Sensor with digital display
- Speed for turbine
- Voltage and current for electrical output power.
Power supply 220V 1 Ph 50 Hz. Other power supply is available on request.(0 reviews)
Fuel Cell Trainer
The fuel cell trainer is a modular experimental system using renewable power generation that allows the study of a working solar-hydrogen cycle from photovoltaic technology (Solar Panel). The fuel cell trainer uses the element (Hydrogen) of water as a renewable energy carrier that can power applications. The fuel cell is reversible and acts as both an electrolyses and a fuel cell and can be used to study how renewable energy can be harnessed, stored and re-used. The trainer includes hydrogen and oxygen storage tanks with a reversible fuel cell, a solar photovoltaic panel and an application board.
- Training system to study the solar hydrogen cycle
- Reversible fuel cell can be used both as an electrolyser and a fuel cell
- Measurement and application modes
- Portable and light weight
This is a bench mounted unit designed for a study of electricity generation form sunlight, storage and use of energy. The unit consists of a solar panel on a tilting and rotating base, an inverter, a regulator, a storage battery, load circuit, a fan, lamp load, voltmeters and ammeters. The panel is mounted on a tilting and rotating base.
Instruction manual is also included.TYPICAL EXPERIMENTS
- Current-voltage characteristics of solar panel.
- Effect of shading on performance.
- Effect of panel inclination on performance.
- Working principles of load regulator (current reversal, low unloading and overloading protection) Principles of inverter.
Solar panel Monocrystalline, 60 W rating. Regulator 1 ea. Battery 1 ea. Inverter 1 ea. Rheostat 1 ea. Voltmeters DC(1) and AC(1) Ammeters DC(1) and AC(1) Lamp loads 5 ea. Others Power outlet and lead wires. Software for data display and analysis by computer (separately supplied). Power supply 220V, 1 Ph, 50 Hz.(0 reviews)
Wind Power Trainer
The Wind Power Trainer introduces the fundamentals of wind power and the conversion of kinetic energy into electrical energy through a wind turbine. This can be monitored with the built in voltmeter and ammeter to measure the voltage and current produced. Energy produced is used to power an on board fan, radio, LED lights and charge batteries.
- Measurement of voltage and current of wind energy based DC supply with change in angle of blades
- Measurement of a voltage and current DC supply of a wind energy based supply with change in direction of wind
- Measurement of a voltage and current DC supply of a wind energy based supply with change in wind speed imposed on the blades
- The application of wind energy based DC supply for charging the Ni-Cd battery allowing the load to be used while the module is unexposed to wind
- The application of a wind energy based DC supply for providing electrical energy to domestic items such as a lamp, fan and FM receiver
- Miniature wind turbine trainer.
- Built in Voltmeter and Ammeter
- Charge a battery via wind energy based DC supply